Healthy Meals Made Simple
This handy meal planner makes deciding what to cook each evening a lot easier and it lets everyone in your household know what the options are for meals during the week.
You don’t need a strict meal plan in order for you and your family to eat healthy. Simply plan meal options for the week ahead then make sure you have the ingredients available in your fridge, freezer and pantry. This makes grocery shopping a whole lot easier! You can choose on the day which option to prepare based on what your family feels like eating.
Print off the meal planner sheet and laminate it. This way you can write on the sheet with a whiteboard marker and wipe clean once the week is over. You can also remove meal options as your family eats them, to make it easier to see what options are still available.
Alternatively, print off a supply of sheets and fill in a new sheet each week.
Keep the meal planner sheet somewhere that everyone can see it, preferably stuck to the fridge. If using a laminated sheet, keep a whiteboard marker close by.
Meal Planning Tips
- Plan meals that will use similar ingredients to minimise food wastage and save you money
- Maximise the nutritional quality by including a lean protein source, quality carbohydrate source and plenty of veggies
- Make a little extra to have leftovers to take for lunches
- Meals that can cater to individual preferences, such as homemade burgers or pizzas, are a sure-fire way to please the whole family
- Look to different cultures for new meal options
Our dietitians can show you how easy it is to plan healthy meals for your family. Please contact us for more information about booking a meal planning session.