Guaranteed to warm your belly on a cold Winter night! This can be made in the slow-cooker for extra convenience.
- ~400g of lean, trimmed pork
- 2 large carrots
- 1 brown onion
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 cups of salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g tin of chickpeas (drained)
- Cumin to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large saucepan on to heat up.
- Dice the pork and the vegetables into medium cubes- keep pork and vegetables separate.
- Brown the pork in a large saucepan.
- Add the carrots, onion and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning then cover with chicken stock. Simmer on low heat until the pork is tender and the veggies are just cooked.
- Mix in the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as required.
Serve with brown rice, mash, or crusty bread.
Feel free to share this recipe with your friends and family!