Try something different for breakfast: my healthy breakfast pie! You could use any ingredients you like: spinach, onion, baked beans… be creative!
- 1 slice of bread (I used a light rye)
- 1 egg- whisked slightly
- Small handful (~20g) reduced-fat cheese
- 1 cup mushroom- chopped small
- 3 cherry tomatoes- chopped small
- 1 slice of ham- thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and flatten with your hand.
- Lightly spray a small single serve pie tin with oil then press the slice of bread into it. The corners of the bread should some up to the top of the tin.
- Mix the egg with the other ingredients and add pepper and herbs (I used Italian herbs).
- Pour into the tin then bake in the oven until the egg is cooked.
Feel free to share with your friends and family!