Once you have learned how to make your own delicious home-made chips, you’ll never want to buy ready-made chips again! This recipe is incredibly simple and the chips can be cooking away while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Depending on the size of your potatoes, and what else you’re serving the chips with, this recipe makes enough chips for 4 people.
- 3 large potatoes, ideally long thin ones rather than round
- Dried herbs or seasoning eg. thyme and sage, peri-peri, barbeque rub
- ~ 1/4 cup of olive oil or other vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut each potato into halves or thirds lengthways (depending on thickness) then cut each of those segments into thirds or quarters to create chips. Some will be rectangles, some will be wedges.
- Place the chips into a bowl and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Rub in the herbs/seasoning until each chip is coated. Add a little more oil if required.
- Place the chips onto a tray lined with baking paper. Make sure the chips are spread out evenly on the tray.
- Sprinkle with a little salt then cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add a little more salt to taste if required once the chips are cooked.
Feel free to share this recipe with your friends and family!