This delicious not-too-sweet cake is dairy and gluten-free (suitable for people with: lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance, milk protein allergy and coeliac disease) plus the olive oil makes the cake super moist.
This recipe can also be made into cupcakes.
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- ~2 C almond meal
- 1/4 C rice flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 C of sultanas soaked in orange juice (drained)
- 1/4 C of slithered almonds
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large bowl and mix until all combined.
- Pour into a lined and greased cake tin and top with slithered almonds.
- Bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Feel free to share this recipe with your family and friends!