One thing than can make healthy eating difficult is not feeling confident in the kitchen. The good news is you don’t have to be a master chef to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal. Having a few basic recipes on hand and understanding how to change them to suit your requirements is one of the foundations to healthy family cooking.
An Allied Nutrition dietitian can teach you the basics of healthy cooking, including:
- Using healthier fats and oils
- Alternative cooking methods to frying: steaming, grilling, roasting, broiling etc.
- Simple flavour pairings from different cuisines to give your dishes an international flavour
- Using herbs and spices to add flavour to ‘boring’ dishes
- How to make veggies the star attraction of your meals, instead of just a side dish
- Time-saving tips
- The essential equipment you need for your kitchen
- How to stretch a meal further to feed more mouths and save you money
These skills are taught in the comfort of your own home. Your dietitian can provide on-the-spot advice while they help you cook a healthy meal for your family.
Cost: $60.00 per half hour (minimum of 1 hour must be booked per session)